Gérald
Practice like a freak Improving one's language skills is definitely not an easy task. The most important key factor everyone seem to agree on is that you have to practice everyday : "Be consistent". It's better to work half an hour a day than practicing 4 hours on Wednesday. So, you have to take the time needed to practice. But if you don't live in the target-language-speaking-country, well, it's not an easy task. Also, what is not an easy task is that we all have very busy schedules. We did not wait the decision of learning a new language to fill our free time with (too many) activities. We're left with a one-hour-a-day new task (to be successful), and no time for it. So let's find free time in an already full filled schedule. 1) Think in your target language OK, when I'm doing this, I feel quite dumb. "Oh, this *stuff I don't know its name* is so *stuff adjective I don't know*...." But anyway, even if it takes twice the time to think of a sentence, it makes me practice my fluency. I do am trying to use the words I've learned. Moreover, it enables me to identify the words I should know because I'm founded stuck without them. 2) Read aloud / speak When you're alone, in the shower, in your car, in an elevator... and yes, even in the street (take your phone and pretend to have a conversation if it helps). Sometimes you'll feel like an idiot (OK, you'll often fell like a freak in the beginning), but who really care ? 3) Configure your devices in your target language Your phone, your TV, your computer, your watch, ... everything should be speaking in your target language. Don't get disturbed by your native language there :-) Bonus : Nobody will ever borrow your stuff again. 4) Read magazines You read books ? magazines ? find equivalents in your target language. There are lots of eBooks / eMagazines out there, just read them instead ! 5) Watch TV This is probably the easiest and at the same time the hardest thing to do. Everybody like to kick back in front of the TV. But not everybody's wife / husband like to learn a new language. If you're lucky, you'll be able to sell a 1 episode a day with subtitles. If you're not, try the "synchronized watching" (press play at the same time on different devices configured in different languages). That way you'll watch at the same thing together and you'll keep practicing without bothering your family. Well, those are some random tips I'm using. So yes, I look like a freak in the street, but I'm practicing :-)

Practice like a freak

Improving one's language skills is definitely not an easy task. The most important key factor that everyone seem to agree on is that you have to practice everyday : "Be consistent".

It's better to work half an hour a day than practicing 4 hours on a Wednesday.

So, you have to find the time needed to practice. But if you don't live in the target-language-speaking-country, well, it's not an easy task.

Also, what is not an easy task is that we all have very busy schedules. We don't take the decision to learn a new language because our free time is filled with with (too many) other activities.

We're left with a one-hour-a-day new task (to be successful), and no time for it.

So let's find free time in an already full filled schedule.

1) Think in your target language
OK, when I'm doing this, I feel quite dumb. "Oh, this *stuff I don't know its name* is so *stuff adjective I don't know*...."

But anyway, even if it takes twice the time to think of a sentence, it makes me practice my fluency. I do am trying to use the words I've learned. Moreover, it enables me to identify the words I should know because I'm founded I find myself stuck without them.

2) Read aloud / speak
When you're alone, in the shower, in your car, in an elevator... and yes, even in the street (take your phone and pretend to have a conversation if it helps).

Sometimes you'll feel like an idiot (OK, you'll often fell feel like a freak in the beginning), but who really cares ?

3) Configure your devices in your target language
Your phone, your TV, your computer, your watch, ... everything should be speaking in your target language. Don't get disturbed by your native language there :-)

Bonus : Nobody will ever borrow your stuff again.

4) Read magazines
You read books ? magazines ? find equivalents in your target language. There are lots of eBooks / eMagazines out there, just read them instead !

5) Watch TV
This is probably the easiest and at the same time the hardest thing to do. Everybody likes to kick back in front of the TV. But not everybody's wife / husband likes to learn a new language. If you're lucky, you'll be able to sell settle on a 1 episode per day with subtitles. If you're not, try the "synchronized watching" (press play at the same time on different devices configured in different languages). That way you'll watch at the same thing together and you'll keep practicing without bothering your family.

Well, those are some random tips/methods that I'm using.

So yes, I look like a freak in the street, but I'm practicing :-)

Only a few minor errors in such a long piece of writing. Well done! You are able to express yourself very well in English. It proves that your methods are working well! Thanks for the advice :)