Antonio
Why privacy matters The question why privacy matters? has arisen in a global debate due to the declarations of Edward Snowden. Some people contend that there isn’t any risk in that, because they are not engaged in bad acts. This mindset is saying to me that they prefer to quit their freedom for an apparent security. In fact they usually say “If you are doing something that you don’t want other people to know, maybe you shouldn't be doing it in the first place “ As far as I’m concerned, allowing the government can see what we are doing on the internet is a lack of respect for privacy, even though you don’t have something to hide. In my opinion there is always something to hide either good or bad. For instance, I think no one would like to be seen when one is in the bath. I also think that if someone were scrutinizing all the sounds during a night, it could be quite bothersome and even embarrassing. For pragmatic ends, If we allow the government can see what we are doing on the internet, one day They will also want to know what we are doing on the streets, in our offices and even in our houses.