Scarlett
Is there anybody who can translate this passage into English? 红灯笼起源于1800多年前的西汉时期,每年的农历正月15元宵节前后,人们都挂起气象征团圆意义的红灯笼,来营造一种喜庆的氛围。后来灯笼成了中国人喜庆的象征。灯笼综合了绘画艺术·剪纸等工艺,利用各个地区出产的竹,木,凌绢等材料制作而成。除了照明以外,灯笼还有其他意义。比如,古时候每年正月私塾开学时,家长会为子女准备一盏灯笼,由老师点亮,象征学生的前途一片光明,称为开灯。

Is there anybody anyone who can would like to translate this passage into English? 客气些

红灯笼起源于1800多年前的西汉时期,Red lanterns originate some 1800 years ago during the Western Han Dynasty.

每年的农历正月15元宵节前后,Each year before and after the Lunar New Year, on the 15th,

人们都挂起气象征团圆意义的红灯笼,people would hang up meaningful red lanterns to denote auspiciousness

来营造一种喜庆的氛围。and to create an atmosphere of festivity.

后来灯笼成了中国人喜庆的象征。Later, they became the symbol of celebration for the Chinese.

灯笼综合了绘画艺术·剪纸等工艺,They also integrate themselves into the folk art/craft of painting and papercutting.

利用各个地区出产的竹,木,凌绢等材料制作而成。Bamboo, wood and silk from many places were used judiciously. 除了照明以外,Besides for lighting purposes, 灯笼还有其他意义。they have other symbolic meanings.  比如,For example, 古时候每年正月私塾开学时,In ancient times, when the first month of the year for the private schooling term began,

家长会为子女准备一盏灯笼,parents would prepare a lantern for their children

由老师点亮,and let the teacher light it up

象征学生的前途一片光明,to symbolize the bright prospect for the future. 称为开灯。This is called the "Opening of the Lantern".

Is there anybody who can translate this passage into English?

红灯笼起源于1800多年前的西汉时期,每年的农历正月15元宵节前后,人们都挂起气象征团圆意义的红灯笼,来营造一种喜庆的氛围。后来灯笼成了中国人喜庆的象征。灯笼综合了绘画艺术·剪纸等工艺,利用各个地区出产的竹,木,凌绢等材料制作而成。除了照明以外,灯笼还有其他意义。比如,古时候每年正月私塾开学时,家长会为子女准备一盏灯笼,由老师点亮,象征学生的前途一片光明,称为开灯。

Is this your homework? If you want to learn from this, it would be better for you to translate it into English first, and then have other people correct it for you. Anyhow, here it is:

Chinese Red Lanterns originated in the 1800's during the Western Han dynasty period. Every year on The 15th day of the first month of the Lunar year, people hang these lanterns in their homes.  They symbolize unity and create a festive atmosphere. Over time, they have become a symbol of jubilation for Chinese people. These lanterns are comprised of many different crafts, including painting and papercutting. They are made from materials coming from all over China, such as bamboo, wood, and silk. Aside from just providing light, the lanterns have other uses. For example, in the olden days when children were starting school parents would prepare a lantern for the teaher to light, symbolizing bright prospects for their children.