Pavel
Barefoot Running - How crazy thing! It's popular now and it will maybe be popular in next years, but I like it! I run and walk barefoot and in fivefingers for two years and I can see real changes on my body. It has started in nice sunny October 2013 when I entered barefoot running seminar at Prague (Capital of Czech Republic). I had have never run before and I hated running. My knees hurted, I was barely able to run up to the hill, but I was always good at catching the waiting tram! :) Something changed that sunny day. I have tried to run backwards and forward barefoot and I realized after few meters that I like it. I had tried to run on greeen, on stones, in rivulet, on roots, in forest and nothing happened to my feet. I also tried to run fast and slow. I was adviced to run faster when it hurts, so I did it and it worked! I ran almost 5 kilometres and was very tired, but somehow happy. I hava decided to run regularly that day. And I train tree to four times a week now! I'm still trying to run more and further. I am focused on running up to steep and long hills and I'm able to run tracks of 8,5 kilometres distance in one hour and ten minutes. Which is quite good for me. :) And the effects? My feet is firmer, almost nothing hurts and my calves also get used to running in few weeks. :) I recommend running barefoot or in minimalist shoes to everyone! Thanks for reading and feedback :) Pavel