Jeff
蒙學漢文初階 第一百二十九課 Beginning Chinese - Entry Level Lesson #129 某兒夜讀書 one child night read book 倦甚 tired very 燒廢紙以照 burn useless paper to shine 物遺火於帳 thing remains fire to curtain 幾被焚 some [passive particle] burn 母曰 mother say 事無鉅細 things no hook small 皆當謹慎 all ought cautious/care cautious care 小不慎 small not caution 即有禍害矣. then have catastrophe harm [past particle] One child was studying at night and was very tired. He burnt the wastepaper as light. However, the curtains caught the fire from the remnants/ashes and almost caught fire. The mother said, "There are no things that are large or small. One has to be careful and cautious. If caution is cast to the winds, then harm and catastrophe would result." Notes: 1. 鉅 here is a variant form of 巨, huge, large, etc. Six other meanings are a. hard iron b. hook c. variant of 距 d. variant of 詎 e. last name f. hanging bells or the structure to hold the 馨, Chinese chimes used for court music.
謝謝, 不过不能称厉害, 还是初級, 程途路遠啊...
你好厉害哦,居然在学文言文!(此处省去32个赞)
Thank you all. I am learning Classical Chinese so that I can read Chinese mythology in its original form without adulteration from the translator :) I don't think I can teach Chinese as a teacher. I am not good enough but good enough to correct simple entries.
I think you can teach foreigners Chinese!
Good!At first, I thought something was wrong with the translation. But I knew I was wrong when I read the translation below.