Joabe
Learning English is a good way to learn another language. I've figured out that English is a terrific tool for learning other languages. I'm studying Japanese now and unfortunately the learning resources written in my native language (Portuguese) virtually don't exist - and if they exist, they are not good. I was lucky enough to have decent skills in English by the time I decided to try to speak Japanese. This makes me excited and frustated at the same time. Why there isn't at least one single great Japanese studying tool in Brazil if there are more than one million Japanese descendents living in my country? It's interesting and kind of sad. However, if I keep studying (which I believe I can do), I will casually writte a Japanese studying resource for Brazilian people (something like Tae Kim, Kanji Damage and Memrise mixed together). This way my monolingual fellows would be able to learn the fun good way of learning. Portuguese is such a beautiful language... what a waste!
1

Learning English is a good way to learn another language.

I've figured out that English is a terrific tool for learning other languages. I'm studying Japanese now and unfortunately the learning resources written in my native language (Portuguese) virtually don't exist - and if they exist, they are not good. I was lucky enough to have decent skills in English by the time I decided to try to speak Japanese. This makes me excited and frustated at the same time. Why isn't there at least one single great Japanese studying tool in Brazil if there are more than one million Japanese descendents living in my country? It's interesting and kind of sad. However, if I keep studying (which I believe I can do), I will casually write a Japanese studying resource for Brazilian people (something like Tae Kim, Kanji Damage and Memrise mixed together). This way my monolingual cohorts would be able to learn Japanese the fun good way of learning. Portuguese is such a beautiful language... what a waste!

I totally agree with you. I'm Russian and I learn French using English (even though my English isn't perfect). There are ways to learn French in Russian, but they are not that good as the English ones.
Excellent writing.