Maxim Malla
Who is responsible for making free health service to world population? The UN or nation itself. Although Almost everyone agrees that all general public in this World should be provided free medical service, there is some dispute about whether the UN or individual nation is responsible for this. My own view is that while the UN, as a sole powerful organisation, might coordinate among the poor and rich nations, an individual nation play an important role on providing free health care to its citizens. There are some grounds for arguing that the UN can create environment among nations in terms of helping each other financially. One of these is that some nations are extremely poor that thay cannot invest enough money into health sector. For instance, Ruwanda is one of the poorest nations in the world and it needs a foreign aid to provide a basic health service to its citizens. In this case, the UN can facilitate in providing fund from financially rich countries to poor ones. Another one is that the UN can contribute in arranging scholarships to poor students for study medical science in developed countries. if this happen, after becoming doctors, they will return to their country and deliver effective service in local hospitals. However, there is also a strong argument that nation itself a responsible for making free health service in the nation. A very important point is that a nation has better knowledge about its own health issue. After examing possible health problems, the state can allocate a considerable amount of fund to make insfrastucture, such as hospitals and clinics, and educate a reasonable number of qualified human resources like doctors and nurses. Without considering these factors, a nation cannot accomplish this ambition. In conclusion, while I do accept that the UN has a few responsibilities in terms of coordination among it members to provide financial assistance from affluent countries to poor ones, I believe that the state itself a more responsible on those project is it has a better understanding about its health concerns,