Natalia Piskunova
Tongue Twisters Yesterday I started to improve my pronunciation, using Twisted Tongues. It was very hard, but usefull. Especially the hardest word was "thrilling', bacause there are 2 sounds - "th" and "r" - together. I hope these Twisters will help me. What do you think about it?
Perfect ;)
I am a perfectionist)
Thank you, Phil. It's very interesting, but I want to try improving ny pronunciation. It's important for me. I just like it.
Congratulations, Natalia -- that is a really difficult combination that many native speakers don't even do! I probably shouldn't mention this, but in the USA, a lot of native speakers do not use the American "r" in thrilling -- they're probably not even aware of it, but they use a quick version of the Russian (apicoalveolar flap) "r" after a "th." "Apicoalveolar" just means the tip of the tongue strikes the ridge behind your upper teeth. It should also be noted that there are many regions where native speakers of English substitute a "t" or even an "f" for the "th" sound. This is, however, not considered proper diction.