καιρός
Ancient Greek and Greek I want to know the difference between ancient Greek and Greek. If I learned Ancient Greek, then I can be familiar with the Greek?
Actually it's not TOTALLY different. After having learnt Modern Greek I moved onto Classical out of interest and the basics were pretty much the same, especially having knowledge of a dialect, too (talking about final -ν and feminine endings -ις, -ιν, -εως). I would suggest doing Modern Greek first, as it's basically Ancient Greek simplified and then go onto an older text from the past and notice the forms they use instead of the Modern ones. When I was studying the Ancient language I found that it felt like a funny, high-register Greek and often it made me laugh in lessons: I even started mimicking it and it was always a chuckle! If you'd like me to go through some examples with you (the evolution of language is one of my passions, along with etymology), I'd be more than happy to!
okay thank you, I think learning a foreign language is very interesting that no one else knows
well, actually it is totally different...ancient greek was spoken in ancient Greece...now people speak modern Greek...we just learn ancient greek at school...if you want to learn how to communicate in greek you should learn modern greek..
Classical Greek