Hunter Lee
How to improve English I began to learn English from my middle school. So I can't speak English fluently although after more than thirty years studying! I'm shocked by what I really don't want to face up to. There are too many books introduce how to learn English faster in bookstore and you can always see the ad "Remember one thousand vocabularies in ten days" online. But it seemed that all those didn't work for me. Why is English so hard to master? Can I speak fluently just as the native speaker someday? Do you have any advice for learning a foreign language?
You are welcome! : )
Thanks for your very useful suggestion. I will do more excises and increase my vocabulary with the method as you suggested.
Sorry, "no matter how wide your vocabulary is"
I find that working on the written skills greatly increases the ability to speak properly, as far as grammar. That is very important. Otherwise no matter how wide is your vocabulary, you will never sound good. For increasing the vocabulary, when I work with my students I usually give them a text to read before the lesson. During the lesson I explain to them the words and expressions that theyfound hard, and then they have to explain the text to me using the vocabulary. This way they use the words that they saw in the text. Later if they want they can write a short text using those words. That way they see the same words a few times in two or three days, and they are more likely to remember them, and they get practice using those words to make sentences. I suggest to you to use this method.
Thanks for the comment. My problem mainly focus on the speaking English. I always cannot find the proper words to express what I want to say.