hocon9999
Learning English Via Listening Radios English is one of the most difficult subjects for Asian students. When I was a student at high school, I knew that most of my classmates didn't know how to pronounce even easy words such as five, fine, or fight. All of those words were pronounced without ending sounds. Some people might claim that Vietnamese students are mainly focusing on studying grammar, so they should be good at writing. However, the facts have shown that Vietnamese students are not good at English structures as well. It can obviously see when you correct for Vietnamese posts in Italki. As for me, although my English is still very limited, I have some experience in learning English through listening to the radio. When I started to use this method to study English, I spent about six months to learn about English phonetics and pronunciation. After this period, I realized that my speaking and listening skills improved a lot, but it didn't mean I was able to listen English radio and understand it comprehensively. I had to choose some channels such as VOA news to listen or download their podcast into my Ipod to listen to whenever I had spare time. Having said that, after a year, I could converse easily with other people in English and they didn't have much trouble to understand my speech. Needless to say, my writing skills also made a good progress. In other words, each person may have their own way to learn languages, so this is the way I have been using to study English. Please correct me!
1

Learning English Via Listening to Radios

English is one of the most difficult subjects for Asian students. When I was a student at high school, I knew that most of my classmates didn't know how to pronounce even easy words such as five, fine, or fight. All of those words were pronounced without ending sounds. They have sounds but the 'e' is silent.  Fight has a distinct ending sound 't'.  Some people might claim that Vietnamese students are mainly focusing on studying grammar, so they should be good at writing. However, the facts have shown that Vietnamese students are not good at English structures as well either. It can is obviously see when you correct for Vietnamese posts in Italki.

As for me, although my English is still very limited, I have some experience in learning English through listening to the radio. When I started to use this method to study English, I spent about six months to learning about English phonetics and pronunciation. After this period, I realized that my speaking and listening skills improved a lot, but it didn't mean I was able to listen to English radio and understand it comprehensively. I had to choose some channels such as VOA news to listen or download their podcast into my Ipod to listen to whenever I had spare time. Having said that, after a year, I could converse easily with other people in English and they didn't have much trouble to understanding my speech. Needless to say, my writing skills have also made a good progress. In other words, each person may have their own way to learn languages, so this is the way method I have been using to study English. Please correct me!

You really do the good job!