Cathy Kim
Children should not have to work or help with household tasks and have to focus on their study. Education is important to all children because they are beginners who just start learning about their lives. Many parents think education is solely related to gaining knowledge so they put a heavy weight on their children’s study and sometimes even do not let them do household tasks. In my opinion, however, doing household works can be another way of studying for the following reasons. First of all, it helps children to think in broader way about their lives. Our children will not remain forever as a student but they will grow up and become like their parents. The knowledge from papers cannot teach them how to deal with their lives and they should know how to manage their lives without their parents too. The knowledge gained from household tasks will be helpful when children become adults and have their own house and family. Parents should let children face the world they live by teaching them practical knowledge from household tasks. Secondly, children can learn many things from household tasks such as a sense of responsibility, independence and partnership. When parents give their children a task, let us say it is to water a plant, they have to do this work continuously and they will notice if they do not carry the task, the plant will wither and die. Children will also realize that the task given to them cannot be done by anyone else, but only by themselves. But when there is a trouble that children cannot handle alone, they will know sometimes they have to ask a help from their parents or a person who can work with them together. It is an example showing us what children can learn from doing household tasks. Education not only means knowledge we learn from a book but also includes the experience we learn from our lives. It is not good to keep children from household tacks where they can broaden their life experience and learn many important attitudes when dealing with different duties through the task. Thus, children should help with household tasks for the reasons I stated above.
1

Children should not have to work or help with household tasks because they should focus on their study.

Education is important to all children because they are beginners who just started learning about their lives. Many parents think education is solely related to gaining knowledge so they put a heavy weight on their children’s study and sometimes even do not let them do household tasks. In my opinion, however, doing (work at home or household tasks) can be another way of studying for the following reasons.

First of all, it helps children to think in a broader way about their lives. Our children will not remain students forever but they will grow up and become like their parents. Learning from books cannot teach them how to deal with their lives and they should know how to manage their lives without their parents too. The knowledge gained from household tasks will be helpful when children become adults and have their own house and family. Parents should let children face the world in which they live by teaching them practical knowledge through household tasks.

Secondly, children can learn many things from household tasks such as a sense of responsibility, independence and partnership. When parents give their children a task, for example to water a plant, they have to do this work continuously and they will notice if they do not carry the task, the plant will wither and die. Children will also realize that the task given to them cannot be done by anyone else, but only by themselves. But when there is a problem that children cannot handle alone, they will know that sometimes they have to ask for help from their parents or a person who can work with them together. This example shows us what children can learn from doing household tasks.

Education not only means knowledge we learn from a book but also includes the experience we learn from our lives. It is not good to keep children from household tasks where they can broaden their life experience.  and They can learn many important attributes through their work at home.  Thus, children should help with household tasks for the reasons I stated above.

Very nice essay!  

It is a good essay :)