Maggie
Princesses? I was watching Cartoons from Disney while having dinner few days ago. A thought struck me, why do girls need to act like princesses to be appreciated? Their lives seemed anything but fun to me. A princess is usually slim, gentle, with tutus and makeup on. A princess is usually rescued, protected and would leave everything behind just for that one guy or, I should say, that very one bet. Yet, what is the exact definition of pretty? What are we trying to teach little girls or even women in all these stories? To me, it is chauvinism. From the three virgin goddess, Disney princess, modern princess in Europe to Amal Alamuddin, no one cares about their contribution to the society but their wardrobe or body figure. For example, Amal Almuddin, too many of us consider her as ‘’the lucky girl’’ that George Clooney put a ring on. However, if our society would value knowledge, profession, contribution over fame, brand-name suits and sexy smiles, we might realize that George Clooney is actually the one that is blessed. How many girls would stop and actually realize that they are chauvinists themselves? Would not life be much easier and happier if girls are the queens of their own?

Princesses?

I was watching Ccartoons from Disney [1] while having dinner few days ago. A thought struck me, why do girls need to act like princesses to be appreciated? Their lives seemed anything but fun to me. A princess is usually slim, gentle, with tutus and makeup on. A princess is usually rescued, protected and would leave everything behind just for that one guy or, I should say, that very one bet [2].

Yet, what is the exact definition of pretty? What are we trying to teach little girls or even women in all these stories? To me, it is chauvinism. From the three virgin goddesses, Disney princesses, modern princesses in Europe to Amal Alamuddin, no one cares about their contribution to the society but about their wardrobe or body figure. For example, Amal Almuddin, too many of us consider her as ‘’the lucky girl’’ that George Clooney put a ring on. However, if our society would value knowledge, profession, or contribution over fame, brand-name suits and sexy smiles, we might realize that George Clooney is actually the one that is blessed. How many girls would stop and actually realize that they are chauvinists themselves? Would not life be much easier and happier if girls are were the queens of their own?

----

[1] A native speaker would write "Disney cartoons" rather than "cartoons from Disney".

[2] I don't understand your meaning here.

----

Your written English is very, very good.

Well,I need to let the inner beast or aka little girl inside my heart out from time to time. I need my cartoon fix.
Cartoons are made for children not for people who think tooo much...