他的脸气得发红,然后又接着说道:
His face turned from white to red as he continued:
如果有人爱上了在这亿万颗星星中独一无二的一株花,当他看着这些星星的时候,这就足以使他感到幸福。
If some one loves a flower, of which just one single blossom grows in all the millions and millions of stars, it is enough to make him happy just to look at the stars.
他可以自言自语地说:“我的那朵花就在其中的一颗星星上”,
He can say to himself, "Somewhere, my flower is there."
但是如果羊吃掉了这朵花,对他来说,好像所有的星星一下子全都熄灭了一样!
But if the sheep eats the flower, in one moment all his stars will be darkened.
这难道也不重要吗?!
And you think that is not important!
他无法再说下去了,突然泣不成声。
He could not say anything more. His words were choked by sobbing.
夜幕已经降临。
The night had fallen.
我放下手中的工具。
I had let my tools drop from my hands.
我把锤子、螺钉、饥渴、死亡,全都抛在脑后。
Of what moment now was my hammer, my bolt, or thirst, or death?
在一颗星球上,在一颗行星上,在我的行星上,在地球上有一个小王子需要安慰!
On one star, one planet, my planet, the Earth, there was a little prince to be comforted.
我把他抱在怀里。
I took him in my arms, and rocked him.
我摇着他,对他说:“你爱的那朵花没有危险。”
I said to him:"The flower that you love is not in danger."
我给你的小羊画一个罩子。
I will draw you a muzzle for your sheep.
我给你的花画一副盔甲…我…
I will draw you a railing to put around your flower. I will。
我也不太知道该说些什么。
I did not know what to say to him.
我觉得自己太笨拙。
I felt awkward and blundering.
我不知道怎样才能达到他的境界,怎样才能再进入他的境界。
I did not know how I could reach him, where I could overtake him and go on hand in hand with him once more.
唉,泪水的世界是多么神秘啊!
It is such a secret place, the land of tears.